Friday, August 12, 2011

my genius idea to spice up my bathroom mirrors

i've been having trouble sleeping the past few nights because 1) i'm unemployed and have no real schedule except for ryan's 2) i've been decorating in my head for the living room now that this painting is up, and i've been given the go-ahead to furnish the living room. i can't stop the ideas. here's a gem i thought of right before i drifted off a couple nights ago. we registered for this set of 5 round black mirrors from Target for our wedding. i got them at the shower and even though they were really cool i didn't really know where i was gonna put em yet. the bathroom wall they're on now was totally blank, and i had some good ideas for the rest of the room, so i thought that'd be a great place once i fancied them up for my style.


since i have my favorite vintage ad framed already in there, i thought it would be perfect to cut up some of my other old ads and decoupage the mirror edges with them!! that ties the decor together, keeps a good color scheme, bada bing, bada boom, sweet bathroom. and this is the one people see when they come over. yay!

i cut the strips wide enough to fill the entire edge of the mirrors

mirrors before


after!

BLANK bathroom wall

side view


close-up!

VOILA!

had to get my girl in there, she's my fav



there ya have it folks, great ideas come from not sleeping.






1 comment: